Sometimes it can be really difficult to find the proper hair dye for your hair or the right colour, but it can be even harder to get this colour out of your carpet. If the hair dye incidentally drops or spills on your carpet, here are the steps you should follow to get the dark stains out of your carpet.
1) To remove hair dye stains from a carpet, you should prepare a carpet cleaning solution of 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid detergent and 2 cups of cool water.
2) To apply the cleaner on stain, carpet cleaning experts recommend that you use a clean, white cloth. It’s important to be careful not to soak your carpet, just moist the stain.
3) Blot the hair dye stain with a clean, dry cloth to absorb the excess liquid.
4) Repeat the previous two steps a few times until the stain is complete removed. If the stain is stubborn, let the carpet cleaning solution sit for half an hour, blotting every 5 minutes with more solution and a few clean cloths.
5) Once you’ve got the stain out of your carpet, rinse the treated area with sponge dampened with cold water.
6) Blot with paper towels to absorb the liquid.
This should be enough to get hair dye stains out of a carpet yourself. If you don’t feel confident enough to treat the stain yourself, then you should consider calling professionals. There are many cleaning companies offer services at low-rated carpet cleaning prices.
Last but not least, next time when you use hair dye in your home, ensure that you do it away from your carpet.